Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Giving Thanks


I've been having conversations with my son, Jaeden, about what he is thankful for, and realized today that I have not taken the time to personally reflect and express my gratitude for those who make this incredibly complicated job (and life) meaningful, fulfilling, and purposeful.  So here's my gratitude list, and I hope you will take time over the next few days to generate your own. Best wishes for a safe and restful Thanksgiving holiday!

Dr. Patterson's Gratitude List...
  1. A precocious 10-year old son, a 17-year old nephew I've raised since 6th grade who is finishing up his senior year with the best grades ever, and a super-supportive mom that is the only reason I'm able to balance it all...
Senior Night at Riverwood, Nov. 2012
 
  2. An incredibly talented staff that believes in our school, our students, and community. Problem-    solvers, cheerleaders, worker-bees, data-crunchers, 12-hour day pullers committed to teaching, inspiring, and empowering our students!
I was so honored to recognize our Teacher of the Year, Carrie Gilliland, and Professional of the Year, Amanda Groover, at the annual Legacy of Excellence Awards!


Welcome Matt Pierce, our newest G-Hall Assistant! 
  3. A career that pushes me and stretches me to learn, grow, and develop professionally, forcing me to step out of my comfort zone and engage in ways that are new, different, and previously even a bit uncomfortable. ALL of us are feeling the pressure, but when I reflect, I am thankful for the learning opportunities that are being created from the experience. 
Me and Tiki Warmouth, 5th 3rd Bank Manager and Hopewell's Principal for a Day
Can you keep a secret? I'm actually incredibly shy and one of my Leader Keys goals is to develop relationships and partnerships in the community!
 
4. Family, friends, and colleagues that encourage, support, nurture, calm, listen, sacrifice, and put up with me, flaws and all! I am continually overwhelmed by other's generosity and kindess, and I am ever-so-thankful for how it's demonstrated in our workplace.  So in the words of Jerry Springer, "Be Kind to Others..."  Have a wonderful holiday and count your blessings!
 
Congrats to Alicia Pruitt, Hopewell's Employee of the Month for October!

7th Grade Teachers say "Peace Out" to Drugs





 




No comments:

Post a Comment